Fall 2020 Student Organization Fair is VIRTUAL
Wednesday, Sept. 9th and Thursday, Sept. 10th from 5 to 8 pm.
Primary Contacts received an email on August 26 with details on RSO registration for the event.
The Student Organization Fair is an opportunity for your group to promote and publicize your organization to UW-Madison students and to connect with other student organizations who you may work with throughout the year.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the fair’s rules and guidelines?
Virtual Fall 2020 Student Organization Fair Policies
- Participating organizations are expected to have a short description and video chat room URL link to participate in the fair. We would recommend using one of the video chat/conference services listed here: https://kb.wisc.edu/luwmad/page.php?id=45390
- Participating organizations are expected to have their video chat room staffed by at least one UW-Madison Student representative for the full duration of the event, 5:00pm – 8:00pm (CDT), on both days of the virtual fair, Wednesday, September 9 and Thursday, September 10.
- CANCELLATION DEADLINE: All cancellations must be submitted by Monday, September 7, 2020 at 12:00pm (noon – CDT) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may not allow any additional sponsors (including, but not limited to a corporate sponsor) or organizations to use your chat room space for promoting their product, service or organization. This includes raffles, free coupons for services, or actual products themselves.
How do I know who the Primary Contact is for my organization?
Search for your organization in the RSO Directory in WIN and the Primary Contact will be listed under the organization’s name on the organization’s home WIN page.
How do I change my Primary Contact for my organization?
Anyone with access rights to your organization’s roster in WIN may change it to a new person. Those with full access include all four required contacts and anyone who has been assigned a position with roster access by those contacts.
- Go to win.wisc.edu and log in (use your UW Net ID and password)
- Select the menu button in the upper right (nine boxes) and then select “Manage”
- Organizations you are a member of should appear in the My Memberships section, select the appropriate organization
- Once on the organization Action Center page (https://win.wisc.edu/actioncenter/organization/*org url*), choose the left hand menu (three lines) and then the “Roster” option
- If you have access to make changes to the Roster, you will see a small edit button (blue pencil) next to the Primary Contact’s name
- Click on “Edit” button and a new window will appear of all of the organization members in the Roster. Select the person you wish to be the primary contact.
Make sure the person in the Primary Contact position is a UW-Madison student enrolled at least half time (6 credits for undergraduates and 4 credits for graduate students).
How does a Primary Contact (or other required contact) register an organization for the virtual fair?
- Deadline for registering is 12:00pm/Noon (CDT) on Monday, Sept. 7
- From the Manage/Action Center page of WIN (https://win.wisc.edu/actioncenter), select the organization you are interested in registering for the fair.
- On that organization’s manage page, there are blue “Sign Up” boxes for each day of the fair. (If “Sign Up” boxes are not visible, someone else has already registered this organization for the fair, or the organization is not eligible to participate in the fair due to previous policy violations.)
- You will be required to provide a short description for your group and a link to a video chat location for the evening of the fair.
- Make sure to sign up for both dates of the virtual fair.
My organization can no longer attend the fair. What should we do?
Email email@example.com by 12:00pm on Monday, September 7, 2020 and inform us that you no longer want your virtual spot at the fair. Any organization that does not cancel by this deadline or does not have their video chatroom logged in by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the org fair WILL NOT be allowed to participate in the following year’s fairs (Spring 2021 or Fall 2021).
Students attend the org fair to learn about ways to get involved and form their own unique Wisconsin Experience.
Please contact the Center for Leadership & Involvement’s Student Org Fair Intern at firstname.lastname@example.org.