Spring 2022 Student Organization Fair
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
5:00pm – 8:00pm
Signup is full as of Jan. 4, 2022 – waitlist information can be found below.
The Student Organization Fair is an opportunity for your group to promote and publicize your organization to UW-Madison students and to connect with other student organizations who you may work with throughout the year.
Additional Fair Information for RSO Leaders
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Spring 2022 Student Organization Fair Policies
- Student Organizations are expected to attend the entire Student Organization Fair from 5:00pm – 8:00p.m. on Tuesday, February 1 at the Kohl Center.
- The CANCELLATION DEADLINE is Tuesday, January 25 at 11:59pm. All cancellations must be submitted to email@example.com. Those organizations that do not cancel by the deadline or who are a “no show” WILL NOT be permitted to be a part the Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 Student Organization Fairs.
- Each organization will be given a single 6 or 8-foot table. These tables are made of plywood or plastic: please bring a tablecloth or piece of fabric to cover the table if interested, a cover will not be provided.
- Tables must remain set in place and should not be moved from the original set-up location.
- Please enter the fair through Gate A on Dayton Street to have your WiscCard scanned, after doing so the org may proceed to its assigned table. The organization’s leader will receive the table placement ahead of time. If your organization is not present at your assigned table by 4:30pm, you will lose your table and privileges to participate in the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 fairs. Please arrive in enough time to have your WiscCard scanned and make it to your table by 4:30pm, or staff will assume you are a “no show” and give your table away. Please arrive at Gate A between 3:30 and 4:15pm.
- Each organization is allowed a maximum of 2 representatives to work the table at any point during the fair. If more than 2 individuals are staffing the table, your organization WILL be asked to leave. Those staffing an organization’s table, must be behind the table. These limits are in place to help with distancing and flow of traffic.
- There must be a student at the table at all times throughout the fair. Advisors or non-students may not staff the table alone. If no one is staffing the table for an extended period of time and only information is left at the table, the information will be removed and the space will be given to someone else. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have extenuating circumstances, and an arrangement may be made.
- Students may have capped/lidded beverages for themselves but may not have them as a handout to fair attendees.
- The following items are NOT allowed
- No food or candy is allowed
- No stickers, candles, incense, confetti, or balloons
- No tents
- No weapons or weapon like items
- No vehicles or drones
- No riding wheeled objects (skateboards, roller blades, bikes, etc.)
- No amplified music
- No live animals/organisms
- The event will be following current university event polices for COVID-19 found here: https://covidresponse.wisc.edu/. Masks will be required to be worn indoors.
- Any students with medical concerns that would require seating should contact the Student Organization Fair Intern at email@example.com to make accommodations. Otherwise, chairs will not be provided. Chairs can not be moved from inside the Kohl Center arena.
- Your organization may not allow a corporate sponsor to use your table for promoting. This includes raffles, free coupons for services, or actual products. Any organization participating in such an act would be in violation of the UW policy 6012 and could be subject to sanctions through the Committee on Student Organizations.
- Only the organization named on the directory and who has reserved the space may be in attendance at the fair. Tables may not be given to another organization and space cannot be shared with another organization.
- At the conclusion of the fair, remember to take with you your table displays and pick up any trash in your area.
Please note: If any of these rules are violated, the Center for Leadership & Involvement reserves the right to remove your organization from the fair and bar participation at further fairs.
Signing Up for the Fair - Waitlist
Only an active registered student organization’s (RSO’s) Primary Contact (PC) can register an RSO for a spot at either the in-person or virtual fairs.
Determining Organization Status
If your organization is searchable from the Organizations tab in the Wisconsin Involvement Network (WIN), the organization is active.
If your organization is not searchable in WIN, please contact the Center for Leadership & Involvement Front Desk (608.263.0365 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to determine appropriate steps to have an active organization.
Determining and Updating RSO Primary Contact
An RSO’s PC can be determined by visiting the organization’s page in WIN, scrolling down to the officers and clicking on the Full Roster button. The primary contact will be listed at the top of the roster page.
A current required contact (Primary, Second/Financial, Third, or Fourth contact) can login to WIN, go to the organization’s Manage/Action Center page, select the hamburger (3 horizontal lines) in the top left corner and then select Roster. The PC can be changed by clicking the blue pencil on the PC card and replacing with another individual who is on the organizations roster in WIN. Here are additional instructions (look under “Establishing a Primary Contact”).
Only current Primary Contacts will be able to access and complete the Spring 2022 Organization Fair signup form.
Sign Up Form
Org Fair Signup has moved to a waitlist as of Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022. Signups may occur, but space will only be provided to an RSO in the event an organization cancels their participation in the event prior to the day of the fair. Organizations will be notified and moved from the waitlist to the active fair directory in the order they complete the signup form.
Similar to previous years, there is a potential to assign active RSOs to open tables on the day of the fair.
An open tables sign up list will be available at Gate B on the day of the fair beginning at 4:00pm. In order to be eligible for an open table, a group must be an active RSO (searchable in WIN).
Will be shared in January 2022
Please contact the Center for Leadership & Involvement’s Student Org Fair Intern at email@example.com.